Dress Code Policy
The dress code is designed to create an appropriate academic climate. FCHS believes that standards of neatness and appropriateness in clothing encourage an atmosphere conducive to learning, work, and discipline. Furthermore, it is felt that pride in one’s school and oneself is, in part, influenced by appearance. Students must comply with the “Dress Code Policy” upon arrival until exiting school grounds after 2:20 pm.
Guidelines are that students wear shirts with sleeves, pants, and are appropriately covered.
The following items are NOT permitted:
- Shirts that are sleeveless, tank, spaghetti strap, strapless, or halter style
- Shirts that expose the midriff, back or low cut front
- Cut, torn, or altered shirts
- Skirts that fall more than 1” above the knee
- Pants with any holes/cuts except the knees
- Pants worn below the waist
- Caps, hats, hoods, and non-religious coverings of the face or head
- Any apparel/jewelry that promotes alcohol, drug, gang affiliation, or profanity/vulgarity
- Any items that could be hazardous to students’ safety or used as a weapon
*Administrators reserve the right to make professional judgments on dress code appropriateness.