Nurse's Office
Primary Care Provider (PCP) Authorization Forms are required for each student with a known health condition. The form must be updated every school year and signed by both the parent/guardian and the health-care provider to be valid. Forms are kept at students' schools and provide individual emergency plans. Each form submitted to a school also must be faxed to Health Services at (502) 485-3670. Questions? Call (502) 485-3387.

District staff members may not provide health services for a student without the proper form on file for the current school year.
Nurse Jackie has 30 + years of nursing experience including eight years of pediactrics and nine years of working with young adults. She also holds a BA in Psychology and a MA in Human Service Counseling.
Phone: 502-313-5258
Medication Administration
Before a single dose of medication can be administered to a student in a JCPS school or on a field trip, appropriate authorization must be on file.
Authorization forms are valid for only the current school year.
Any time a change occurs for the medication (a change in dosage or a change in the time the medication should be taken, for example), a new form must be submitted.
JCPS cannot accept written or verbal requests from parents for medication administration or any changes related to medication.
The time the medication is to be administered must be specified for all daily medications.
Authorization forms must be signed by the parent/guardian, and the authorization to Give Over-The-Counter Medications Form must also be signed by a health-care provider.
Links to forms for Nurse's Office
JCPS students who have a health condition should have a Primary Care Provider (PCP) Authorization Form on file at their school. This form needs to be updated every school year and must be completed by the student's healthcare provider as well as a parent. Services related to a health condition cannot be administered without the appropriate and current form on file. For more information, call JCPS Health Services at (502) 485-3387.
Forms are available through the links below:
•    Asthma/Allergy
•    Diabetes
•    Gastrostomy Tube/Swallowing/Feeding Disorders
•    Respiratory Disorders
•    Seizure
•    Other (including oral/nasal suctioning and catheterization)
No medication will be given to a student at a JCPS school unless an appropriate, up-to-date authorization form is on file. Forms are available through the following links:
For daily medications, the specific time the medication is to be administered must be on the prescription label and the authorization form.
Authorization forms must be updated every school year and anytime a change occurs.
Parents should bring their child's medications to school. All medications must be in the original, labeled container.